Regulated Mortgage Advisor
Sirius is seeking to appoint a committed and team oriented person to join our sales team as a Regulated Mortgage Advisor. This person will work in conjunction with our Property and Development Finance Specialists and Sales Support. Financial services background is essential with a good understanding of regulated first charge mortgages. CeMAP qualifications also essential and with a minimum of two years relevant and recent experience.
Sirius provides a bespoke brokerage and specialist debt advisory service for real estate finance transactions.
As part of the Brightstar Group and born out of our parent company, Brightstar Financial Limited, the Brightstar Group was named the Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work for in both 2019 and 2020, achieving the highest ever score on record. We are a multi and global award-winning organisation with an inclusive and outstanding people development culture as well as an ‘excellent’ rating on Trustpilot for the first-class customer service that we provide.
We already have a heritage of experience within the finance industry. Utilising some of the most knowledgeable property debt advisors in the sector, we can offer our clients unrivalled experience with all of their property finance needs.
– To assess, source and obtain AIPs for residential and or BTL mortgages from the whole of market sourcing platforms.
– Complete where appropriate the underwriting process from application submission through to completion, including review and assessment of income and expenditure, affordability and overall fact find responsibility
– Carrying out initial enquiry checks to ensure applications meet the criteria of the requested product and clients’ needs.
– Checking the validity and acceptability of documents sent in with the application against lenders criteria and managing ongoing lender communication.
– Assess proof of ID, Mortgage history, Equifax search, Proof of Income, Affordability, etc. in accordance with company and FCA procedures, and updating the system accordingly.
– Ensure workload is serviced to internal timeframes whilst maintaining positive relationship with all stakeholders with regular and informative updates.
– Undertaking additional duties as and when required within the team, including support of colleagues during periods of annual leave and attending client meetings where required.
– Working in line with our FCA regulatory requirements, including but not limited to the Data Protection Act, Data Security and Anti Money Laundering procedures.
– Ensure ongoing adherence to all internal processes and procedures.
– Delivering compliant and beneficial outcomes for customers seeking MCOB Advice and Recommendation services
Skills / Experience required:
– Financial services background with a good understanding of regulated mortgages and direct client referrals
– Experience in non-investment life / illness / income protection sales would be advantageous
– Motivated and well organised, with the willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly
– Good, communication skills and detail oriented with commercial awareness
– A strong grasp of written English and good proof-reading skills
– The motivation to go above-and-beyond for our customers and be able to provide excellent customer service
– The computer and numeracy skills needed to excel in a highly regulated environment, including Excel
– A flexible approach to work, and the ability to work well as part of a dynamic team
– Positive attitude with a strong desire to learn and progress
– Willingness to be part of a strong team culture and work collectively with colleagues to achieve success
– Circa £60,000 OTE (basic salary and commission)
– 25 days holiday per year plus bank holiday plus birthday and company pension scheme
– 6-month induction and probation
We believe that diverse teams make the best teams, and that strength lies in difference. Research tells us that some candidates, especially women, may be put off applying for a job role unless they can meet every criteria. Achieving the right cultural fit is of key importance to our business; over, perhaps, ticking every box on the criteria list. We are also open to discussion regarding flexible working requests. So, if you are excited about the prospect of working with Sirius and believe you can do much of what we are looking for, please do get in touch!
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com