Business Team Administrator
Brightstar are seeking a new Group Business Team Administrator to work alongside the existing Specialist Sales Support team across the whole business. Experience within an office environment and a financial services or mortgage company whilst not essential, would be advantageous. The role will cover work in our residential and buy to let mortgages, short term lending and commercial lending divisions. The role has been created following new and recent growth in business and successfully winning new contracts, to provide administrative support to our existing business. As our business is split across two sites, we may require team members to work in our Billericay or London office location depending on the needs of the business. Essentially, this person will be based at Brightstar in Billericay, but team members are sometimes required to attend training or to work in the other office location.
Brightstar Financial is the UK’s leading specialist distributor and provider of specialist mortgage solutions to the financial intermediary market. Financial advisers and mortgage brokers engage Brightstar to help them seek mortgage solutions for clients where mainstream options are not available. This can include residential mortgages, second charge mortgages, buy to let, short term lending, commercial finance, development finance and unsecured finance.
In 2019, and 2020 Brightstar won The Sunday Times Best Small Company to work for in the UK. We are an Investors in People Gold Business, winners of the Global IIP Employer of the year award and we are signatory members of the Women In Finance Charter and a Living Wage employer. We are reputed for our excellent customer service, receiving over 2,500 5 Star reviews on TrustPilot for the outstanding service we have given to brokers and clients alike.
- Support to Specialist Consultants in both our London and Billericay office, in the processing of specialist lending applications
- Call handling and monitoring as part of the team
- Providing support to routine administrative tasks, including data inputting and processing
- Assisting correspondence between the sales team and introducers
- Managing a busy inbox of external referrals for new enquiries and responding in a timely and appropriate manner
- Liaising with lenders and third parties on behalf of the consultants
- Complete MI tracking and business case level monitoring
- Booking appointments and managing the diary of the colleagues when requested
- Undertaking basic administrative duties across the business
- Booking appointments with lenders and clients where appropriate
- Working in line with our FCA regulatory requirements, including but not limited to the Data Protection Act, Data Security and Anti Money Laundering procedures
Skills / experience required:
- Motivated and focused self-starter who has the ability to learn new skills quickly • Strong organisational and communication skills
- Detail oriented with commercial awareness of business requirements • A strong grasp of written English
- • Excellent proof-reading skills
- • Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The motivation to go above-and-beyond for our customers
- Able to provide excellent customer service
- The computer and numeracy skills needed to excel in a highly regulated environment
- A flexible approach to work, and the ability to work well as part of a dynamic team
- Positive attitude with a strong desire to learn and progress
- £16,835 to £22,000 depending on experience
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holiday
- 6-month induction and probation (bonus scheme available on completion of probation)
We believe that diverse teams make the best teams, and that strength lies in difference. Research tells us that some candidates, especially women, may be put off applying for a job role unless they can meet every criteria. Achieving the right cultural fit is of key importance to our business; over, perhaps, ticking every box on the criteria list. We are also open to discussion regarding flexible working requests. So, if you are excited about the prospect of working with Brightstar and believe you can do much of what we are looking for, please do get in touch!